Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Breakfast is...Boring.


Well, not usually. However, if you're a low carber, breakfast can get a tad...monotonous. I eat most of my daily carbs at breakfast. The rest of the day, I just don't have them. Because carbs are meant, in my opinion, for breakfast.  Breakfast without carbs is like a day without sunshine.
Okay, that was a bit dramatic, but you hopefully get my meaning. My usual breakfast fare is Eggs&Bacon. It's really not even two words. Eggs&Bacon rule my life. Once in a while I'll shake things up and do sausage, but for the most part, it's Eggs&Bacon, with either toast or an english muffin or a small bowl of cereal. Before I went low carb? I actually had fruit (see above) and LOTS of toast. But now, if I have toast, it's one slice. *sad face*
I am thinking this is why I like to "dress up" my Eggs&Bacon. I mean, look at this breakfast:
Eggs&Bacon, and I actually splurged on an English muffin with sugar free jam. But on a boring plate. Since I've been eating Eggs&Bacon for quite some time, it was after this I got the idea of "snazzing up" my breakfast game. Not the food itself, but the china I used. :-) So...why not have "Fancy" Eggs&Bacon?





Yes, I have bacon under that red dome. Sometimes I like to add cold cereal for my carbs (it was an integral part of my childhood, don't judge), but for some reason it seems...jarring...to have cold cereal on nice china:
 Keepin' it classy with the Lucky Charms and the Blueberry Mini Wheats...LOL
So, breakfast can be boring. I say, spice it up with great dishes! Bacon&Eggs will be INFINITELY more fun to eat. 
Life is short, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment