Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Winter Luncheon

What do you do when it's cold and snowy outside? Have Luncheon indoors, of course. But at least have it by a window. ;-)
I am a huge fan of the Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles line. In any color. And I have it in every color, except green. And yes, I am going through a big "pattern on pattern" phase, because I love busy things. Especially with Transferware. I think there shouldn't be any rules at all. Especially with Blue and White.
 Takes my breath away every time I see it. Transferware is art, in my opinion. And what is it about the light when there's snow on the ground? It's so bright and soft and everything looks amazing. Light reflecting off snow makes the winter days...brighter, when there is sun out. It's the days without sun that...suck, for want of a better word. But ah...snow days. When everyone is stuck at home. That's when you stay indoors and binge watch Downton Abbey or Jane Austen films. And have luncheon on really pretty dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment