Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Monday, April 9, 2018

The Great Cream Tea Debate...

I honestly had no idea that there was such a raging polarization between Cream Tea enthusiasts. The question is, when you have your scones with jam and cream (or cream and jam), which comes first? I saw on Twitter there was an uproar because a popular website  showed the scones with cream first, and people wrote in in HORDES claiming they were offended that the cream came first. 
I've always gone jam first. I tried cream first once, and the jam slip-slided all over and was difficult to spread, and I ended up with a sort of jamcream (or creamjam?) instead of distinct layers of cream and jam. So, I guess you could say I'm the "jam first camp:"
The debate has always been heated. But I found this gem, where the Queen Herself supposedly "settled it."
Can't argue with HRH, right? ;-) 




No comments:

Post a Comment