Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

St. Pat's Day is Almost Here & a Shake FAIL.

When I was a young girl, I got excited every March for McDonald's Shamrock Shakes! They were pale green, just the right hint of mint, and the BEST ever. Remember this?
Photo via Popsugar
Cue to two days ago, when I decided to relive my childhood favorite in a one-time splurge. And THIS is what I got:
Do you see the problem, here? This is NOT the Shamrock Shake of my childhood. This is a disgusting, radioactive green monstrosity, with SO much green mint syrup in it is is practically INEDIBLE. I took a few swigs on the straw and IMMEDIATELY threw it out. It was like drinking straight mint toothpaste gel. Where was the delicate balance of mint with the vanilla? WHAT GIVES MCDONALD'S??? **Insert sad face**
I was lamenting this to my church group, and they posited that maybe it was just an "overzealous" worker who really liked radioactive green shakes. All I know, is it scarred me. Maybe next time I'll get one Shamrock, one vanilla, and combine them at home for my kids. I will NOT do RADIOACTIVE.
Sorry for the caps, but this really was yucky. Anyway, here is some more of my lovely Madison Bay Company Gondola green pattern. It was a delicious breakfast. Tea with eggs and bacon and toast, and jam with clotted cream. The eggs were even perfect.


 Two Days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment