Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Purple Transferware: Part II

In my previous post I mentioned Purple (Lavender) Transferware, and showcased some pieces. Here is most of my collection:
I have four different patterns represented:
1) Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castles"
2) Royal Staffordshire Clarice Cliff "Tonquin"
3) Royal Staffordshire "Charlotte"
4) Crown Ducal "Colonial Times"
I think they all work pretty well together. As I've said before, with transferware, it doesn't have to be one pure pattern. You can mix and match and it all works out. I'll have to do a tablescape with my purple dishes one of these days! With toile and silver. Definitely silver.

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Where can I find them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few pieces, it’s even more beautiful in person. They are far and few between. To find the tea pot is very hard. Your set is almost complete, congratulations! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete