Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Lavender Means Springtime!

I love Spring. The pastels, everything green and fresh, and one's choice of china should reflect it. ;-) Behold, some of my lavender (some call it purple) transferware! 
I wasn't really into purple a while back. Then I saw some online and fell in love. This setting is a combination of two patterns, "Old Britain Castles" by Johnson Brothers, and "Tonquin" by Royal Staffordshire. And yes, I have that ugly little cream teapot because as high and low as I've searched, I haven't been able to find an O.B.C. teapot! They are extremely rare. Replacements, ltd. doesn't even have any at this posting. One day, I will find one. Mark my words...but I have a Crown Ducal Colonial Times and Staffordshire Charlotte tea service that are beautiful on their own. More on those later.
But for now, check out this beautiful transferware:

*sigh.*The official color is "Lavender," but it seems more "Purple-y" to me. Whatever you call it, it's gorgeous. I am loving this for Spring. I have a pretty extensive purple transferware collection; I'll have to post pics soon. I can't believe it's April in a week! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment