Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Old Britain Castles: Blue

I'm always a sucker for Blue and White Transferware, and definitely a sucker for Castles and Ruins. :-) So, I would like to introduce my latest acquisition: Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles--Blue.
  It is only a tea service and a place setting, but it's enough for me. The teapot, sugar and creamer were made in England, but the other pieces are newer. I love the transferware images. On the teapot front is Farnham Castle, 1792, and the lid shows Donnington Castle.

The teacup and saucer are my favorites (amateur Tudor Historian over here!), portraying Stratford-on-Avon and Kenilworth castle, respectively. 
There are many others pictured: Goodrich, Chatsworth, Blarney, Denleigh, Brougham, so many castles, so few surfaces. ;-) But all so very pretty and elegant. 
Well done, Johnson Brothers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment