Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Behold!! Teeccino!! (And Easter Prep)

I have discovered the HOLY GRAIL of low carb drinks! As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I'm not a coffee/tea drinker. So I'm always on the lookout for substitutes. I have formulated over the years a hybrid of Cafix and Kaffree Roma, which to me, substitutes quite nicely.
I was pretty happy with this "Cafixfree" imitation. THEN I LOOKED AT THE CARB COUNTS. To make it dark the way I like it, I use a tablespoon of each. And the result? A WHOPPING NINE CARBS.  Yikes. For those of you on Keto or low carb diets, you know this is almost half the allowed daily carbs! So, I looked for alternatives to my alternative. And LOOK what I discovered! 
Teeccino Organic Dandelion Dark Roast Chicory Herbal Tea! Yes, that's right, HERBAL TEA. I was skeptical, not going to lie. But this herbal tea packet has zero carbs and the reviews online were so positive, I decided to try it. Oh. My. Word. It is amazing! It tastes even more like real coffee than my Cafixfree combination! The tea bags are quite large. You place one in a teapot or mug and pour 8 oz boiling (has to be boiling) water over the tea bag and let it steep for a minimum of 5 minutes. When I'm making breakfast I make the tea first and let it steep while I'm cooking everything else and by the time I sit down, it's dark and rich and full-bodied and perfect. Add Truvia and a splash of cream and low carb heaven! And zero caffeine. I have finally found it! Life is good. ;-)
In other news, Easter comes early this year. April 1st! So I have started decorating. I am less "bright colorful eggs and pastels" and more earth tones:


I am REALLY into moss-covered bunnies this year. I have a few of them. I've been searching for a really big one, but so far no luck. Maybe I can make myself a cup of Teeccino and surf the internet for one. ;-) Happy Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment