Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Monday, February 26, 2018

St. Patrick's Day is Coming!

Ah, St. Patrick's Day. In a nod to my Irish heritage (from my dad's side), we are extra-celebratory on St. Patrick's Day. I always make green food for breakfast, pack green lunches, and we all wear something green if not everything green! My first green breakfast left a lot to be desired:
Yes, it's green eggs and ham. I've gotten a lot better since then.
And St. Pat's Day is also a time for GREEN DISHES. Here is one of my collections, the "Gondola" pattern by Madison Bay Company. Unfortunately, these aren't being made any more so I am cherishing them for sure. I love new dishes that look old. That way I can use them without feeling like they will break or fall apart. And these are gorgeous:

Such a pretty green. And the best part about these? They are BRAND NEW.
Right out of the box. And they are dishwasher and microwave safe. So, yes, they are "cheap transferware," but they look pretty AND they are functional. I will have many tea breaks and breakfasts with these. And since I couldn't find any plates to complete the set (they are discontinued and clearly everyone who bought them is holding on to them because they love them too), I went on the hunt and found that "Tonquin" by Royal Staffordshire is a VERY close match. 
See? You can hardly tell the difference:
I went online to Replacements Ltd. and ordered some dinner plates and rimmed soup bowls to go with my dishes. Replacements Ltd. generally has things in pretty good condition. So, I will have a pretty St. Pat's day breakfast spread! Can't wait to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment