Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Beauty of Polonaise...and My New Table.

Noritake Polonaise. I've mentioned it in a few blog posts as the china used in the "Persuasion" TV movie (1996) at Kellynch Hall. But I was thinking about selling mine, and I took it out to have a look. I am REALLY torn...
The pattern is gorgeous. The gold trim...*sigh*


How could I even part with it? I have enough for two full place settings. And I got really lucky with the coffee and tea pots. It's a tough choice. Maybe I'll decide another time. ;-)
In other news, I have a new breakfast area table. Since my house is very French Country, my dark little missionary style table wasn't really cutting it:
I've had it for 15 years. It was originally orange wood, and I refinished it when I was going through my Brown/Cream/Blue Phase. But then I heard about Canadel, specifically their Champlain line, and I got to design the table of my dreams! And here is the end result:
DEFINITELY more farmhouse-y I'd say! And really lightens the whole room up. I'll never get tired of this one. Now I just need to convince my kids and Hubby that it is OK to eat on it every day! HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment