Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Success! (Well, for me anyway!)

Breakfast this morning:
I love a good Royal Winton breakfast set, but mine is too expensive to really USE every day, so I found an inexpensive white knock-off at the Maryland China Co for under $30. SO worth it!

And now, to the post:

One thing I would love to be--a prop master for Austen-period shows. I would find SO many amazing china patterns and antiques--it would be SO fun! I also like a good treasure hunt, and I found (after a little researching) the pattern for the china service used at Kellynch Hall in the 1995 TV movie "Persuasion." (This post is an add-on to the last one, see below.)




 I love this pattern. The white with gold trim and the gorgeous blue pattern--very elegant and befitting a baronet's living. And the pattern is: *drumroll please*
"Polonaise" by Noritake!



 It was discontinued in the 90's so it's not super easy to find, but can be found on Ebay and Etsy. Gorgeous. I love Noritake. Their "Greenbrier" pattern was my wedding china. But that's another post. :-)
Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment