Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Back to Basic Basics...

After a week off of Keto, I am back. I truly have a love/hate relationship with the Keto Diet. Do I love carbs? Heck yes. Fresh baked breads, Pizza, Pasta, Desserts, yes please. But my body doesn't like how it feels when I eat them. In this case, I took a week off and ate them, with a capital ATE. In abundance. And I feel awful. Lethargic, tired, puffy, you name it. Inflammation is not my friend. When I'm in Ketosis, I have zero inflammation, as long as I keep the processed meats down to a minimum. My brain works better. I wake up in the morning refreshed and energetic. The difference is amazing. I don't recommend it for a permament lifestyle change, but for losing the weight you want, it's the answer for me. And believe me, I've tried EVERYTHING. Keto is the only one that works.
This is the most basic Keto breakfast of all. And I scrambled those eggs with Kerrygold. Back to high fat, low carb! In about three days, I'll be back to my keto-ing self. I just hope I can survive the Carb Withdrawal. Never the fun part. :-( Live and Learn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment