Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Merry Merry!

I so loooove Christmastime. Top holiday, EVER. Halloween is a close second, but Halloween is skulls and spiderwebs and grimoires and eerie bone-shaped candles--CHRISTMAS is festive lights, beautiful trees and presents and happy bright love and goodwill towards other humans. :-)
I usually go a bit nuts decorating for Christmas, and this year, so far, I've held back a bit. I currently have five trees, and I normally have seven. ;-)
 My new home is not the warm palette of my last home, this one is more Modern Farmhouse with lots of cool gray and white. So I did a sort of "Winter Wonderland" look for my front foyer. Down to the wrapped presents. I think white and silver trees may be my new favorite look:

And I found a SUPER glitzy wreath for the front door!
The Living Room I kept gold and cream and brown, and a little kitschy. 

 Then there's the Blue Monster:
Twelve feet tall, but I love it with my soaring beamed ceilings. And there's just something about blue and silver...
This was my Thanksgiving table; my dad decided to try an "artsy" angle. Nice, Dad!
The breakfast nook was simple, gold and cream. Color just didn't look right in this room:
And the kitchen was cool and minimalist:
Amazing to me how simple things can be so pretty. You should see it at night with tea lights...
Then there's the office tree, which I kept VERY traditional. 
 That's it so far! We added red and white lights to our home yesterday, and I'm loving it. I think I am almost ready for Christmas! I'll post more decor soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment