Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Time for Toile

I have always had a fascination with toile. Especially dishes: French country, farmhouse toile, transferware, you name it. I have one set of glass-paned cupboards in my kitchen, and I like to change them out once in a while. I started with this:
On the top is "New England Toile" by Tabletops Unlimited, and on the bottom is Waverly "Fruit Toile" from Target. I had a lot more pieces but only a select few fit into these shelves. Now that I am going through a blue phase, this is what I have today:
Most of this transferware is "Romantic England" by Alfred Meakin, but there's some Spode Blue Italian and others in there as well. That's the beauty of collecting transferware, it doesn't have to be all the same pattern, mixing and matching is allowed. And it still looks great! (Next I'll probably display my Mason's Vista Red transferware, but for now, I'm going with the Blue.)
I've also recently developed a liking for GREEN transferware. I got this cute cute set online:
Just in time for St. Patrick's day! I have a few more pieces but that will be for another blog post. (Yes, I used the sugar bowl as a jam pot, don't judge.) Yes, I have a disease. I love DISHES! 
Who doesn't? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment