Musings of an Austen-loving, tea drinking historian and enthusiast of all things British. Also obsessed with Breakfast on pretty dishes. Oh, and sometime writer.

Friday, January 5, 2018

Happy New Year!

Had a lovely Christmas in a warm place with family. Now I'm back to the frozen Tundra. I acquired these lovelies over Christmas:
They go nicely with the mugs and kettle I already had. Gotta love Spode.
And now that I'm taking all my Christmas decor down, the "Old St. Nick" is coming out of the hutch and back into storage. 
 I love Vietri. Everything is hand-painted, so no two St. Nicks are the same! ;-) 

It's always strange taking all the trees down (I have six) and packing it all away. But it's also nice when your home has that clean, sleek feeling, that doesn't have pine boughs and holly berries and glittery bows everywhere. I am strange, as soon as a holiday is over, I want to take everything down right away; leave no trace as if it never happened. I MOVE ON. And now, in the Minus Three doldrums of January, I am ready for SPRING! I had breakfast with my Churchill Queen's Penzance this morning in the spirit of Springtime:

But, alas, here, we have winter for a few more months. But I can be cozy inside and drink tea. Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment